Archive for December, 2010
When it comes to your quality of life, attitude is everything! In fact, it could even be said that whatever you focus on the most, you tend to bring into your life, whether by choice or circumstance. Have you ever known someone who had a terrible attitude? Perhaps they were extremely negative and pessimistic and not much fun to be around or they complained non-stop about how terrible their life was. Did you find it draining to be in their presence?
A negative attitude will not only make you miserable, but everyone around you too!
A positive attitude, on the other hand, turns you into a person that everyone wants to be with, a person that constantly experiences great things, and a person who loves their life! Do you want to be that kind of person? If so, read on for some easy ways to develop a positive attitude.
Do what you love. This applies to hobbies and fun activities, but it also pertains to one of the biggest parts of your life – your work! Do you enjoy your job? Are you spending most of your time on something that makes you feel purposeful and fulfilled? If not, consider exploring other career options and moving toward a job you’ll love. When you regularly do things that make you happy, you can’t help but feel better about yourself and your life, which fosters a positive attitude.
Expect the best, always. It’s easy to get into the habit of seeing doom and gloom in every situation, but doing so keeps you forever focused on the negative. Instead, make a conscious decision to expect the best, even if your first impulse is to think negatively. Affirm as often as you can, “This is going to work out great! Wonderful things are going to happen today!” The more you do it the more you’ll begin to believe it, and the more you’ll begin to experience just that.
Build yourself up. Think and speak positively to and about yourself every day. Most of us are in the habit of talking down to ourselves, which leaves us feeling hopeless, frustrated and pessimistic. Get into the habit of building yourself up with positive self-talk and positive thoughts. Affirm your good qualities and downplay your negative qualities. Affirm that you are a work in progress, not perfect but great nonetheless!
Build others up. As often as you can, make an effort to encourage, support and compliment the people you encounter each day. That goes for people you know as well as strangers you meet in your daily travels. The more you focus on emphasizing the positive in others the more likeable you’re going to be, and the better you’re going to feel about yourself too!
Think strength. The more you worry about your weaknesses and “failures” the more pessimistic and negative you’re going to feel. Instead, consistently affirm your strengths, talents and capabilities. You’ll end up feeling empowered and in control of your circumstances, which cannot help but improve your attitude!
Your email list can launch your business and help you achieve your biggest dreams. It’s the key to a long lasting and successful business. However, some people struggle to build their list. Others struggle to make money from their list. Here are seven tips to build an email list that brings results.
1. Make them an offer they can’t refuse. The best way to motivate someone to sign up for your email list is to make them an offer they can’t refuse. We’re talking about a super valuable giveaway. For many online marketers information products are a good motivating giveaway.
Ebooks, reports, online courses and even videos or audios are a good list building tool. They provide the subscriber with instant gratification. And when the freebie is a top quality item, they’re sure to remain an avid subscriber. This means subsequent emails sent to them will be opened, read and acted upon.
2. Make sure your offer is strongly related to your niche. Some people make the mistake of offering freebies that don’t strongly correlate to their niche business or goal. For example a fitness trainer may offer a free report on how to eat for fat burning. However, their website is otherwise devoted to fitness training exercises.
People interested in fat burning are going to download the report but they may not necessarily be interested in fitness training or exercises. You want to draw the subscribers who will be interested in also buying your products and returning to your website.
3. Connect and network. One of the best ways to build an opt-in list is to network. Get out, shake hands literally. Pass out business cards. Participate on social networking feeds and include a website link on your profile and in some posts. Participate on blogs and industry forums. The more places you visit and the more people you meet the more traffic you’ll drive to your website opt-in form.
4. Build partnerships to build your list. Partnerships with relevant businesses can be a powerful way to grow an effective email list. For example, an information website about getting the most out of Facebook and a website that sells customized Facebook pages might benefit from cross promoting one another’s list.
5. Article marketing. Article marketing accomplishes a number of business building tasks. It can also be used to drive strategic traffic to an opt-in page or squeeze page. However, when using article marketing be sure to:
a. Write a top notch article that makes people want to read more.
b. Offer a compelling and relevant giveaway to motivate an opt-in
c. Link to your squeeze page from your article and/or author’s resource box.
6. Strategic Pay Per Click. Finally, consider creating highly specific and targeted PPC campaigns to drive traffic to your opt-in page. Advertise the giveaway. Test and track your ads for success.
Make sure your opt in form is placed in a prominent position on your website. Consider testing and tracking various locations to see which location works best. And make sure to follow up with your subscribers. There’s no point in building a great opt-in list if you’re not going to use it!