“Janet provided focus, feedback and insight: three very important factors as I entered a new phase of my life. I would encourage those who are in the midst of life’s challenges to use her services. She is the consummate professional”.
- John T., business owner
A life coach is a professional who is trained in establishing a partnership for the personal growth of the client. This powerful helping relationship encourages clients to identify their values, develop their potential and fulfill their goals. The coaching process turns up the volume on the client’s inner voice and allows action and momentum that is otherwise not there. Ideas are created and life’s adventures become the foundation of a life of joy and success.
Life coaching is different than…
- Therapy - Coaching does not focus on exploring your past, healing deep emotional wounds, or dealing with internal stress and emotional conflict.
- Cheerleading - Anyone can offer basic encouragement; however, a coach also teaches specific skills to help people change their behavior.
- Friendship - This give and take relationship is vital for all of us. Coaching differs in that the focus is all on the client for his or her maximum benefit.
Some issues Life Adventure Coaching clients might have…
- Adjusting to a life or career transition
- Changing to a healthy lifestyle
- Finding direction in life
- Improving communication
- Enhancing relationships
Some characteristics of Life Adventure Coaching clients…
- Yearn to achieve long-standing goals
- Want to learn to prioritize
- Seek greater fulfillment and enjoyment out of life
- Aspire to learn time management skills
- Desire honest and insightful feedback
- Are ready to invest in themselves
How it works…
Life Adventure Coaching is delivered during weekly one-on-one sessions by telephone or in person over an extended period of time. Clients bring an agenda or items to the session, and the work is targeted and focused to the client’s individual needs. Over time, new skills and habits are integrated into everyday life, increasing the capacity to experience joy and success.